Full course description
Participants will learn:
- Where nonprofits get their funding.
- Why your nonprofit might choose to prioritize fundraising from grants, individual donors, events, and other sources.
- What it means to make your funding sustainable.
- The difference between restricted and unrestricted funding.
- The Donor Cultivation Cycle- the framework for identifying and building relationships with your donors and funders.
This workshop is ideal for both for those new to the fundraising and nonprofit world and for those with some experience in fund development.
This workshop is led by James McCrary. James is a nonprofit/philanthropic consultant operating out of Birmingham, AL and Little Rock, AR. He holds an undergraduate degree in Human Services Management from the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga and a graduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. James has over 25 years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector.